CentrED stands for Centralized Editing. It is a Client/Server based map editor for Ultima™ Online.
The intention behind this is, that the only available GodClient is rather old and was never really supported by any server emulator (at least not that I know), but I wanted the ability for several people to work on the terrain and statics together, without having to constantly transfer their current state.
- Complete serverside map. All blocks are transfered on request.
- Modify Terrain
- Add, delete, move and hue Statics
- Change the altitude of Terrain and Statics
- Account management with four accesslevels (None, Viewer, Normal and Administrator)
- Restrict clients write access to specified regions (some sort of group management)
- Integrated Chat
- Client list with ability to jump to other clients position
- Virtual Layer to ease working on roofs or in black areas
- Large scale editing (move/copy, delete, draw, insert whole areas of the map)
- Easily jump to locations stored in a list or via the radar view of the whole map
- Ability to undo the last set of changes
- Preview changes before actually performing them
- Renders the map similar to the UO Client
- Shows animated tiles
- Show different light level and display light sources
- Support as many different Statics as the TileData file can hold
- Server and Client for 32bit Windows and Linux
|Login Screen||Main Screen|
|Account Management||Large Scale Commands|
- Restrict clients (with white and black lists)
Allow clients to only work in certain areas, or forbid clients to work in certain areas. (partially implemented)
- Upload and merge diff files
one could locally edit some places with MulEditor and upload the result
- Keep two versions of the map and allow selectivly merging and exporting of changes
This will allow creating patches which could be used to synchronize with local copies of the map files. It comes in handy when several areas are edited at once but you want to merge some of them to the current Shard and it's clients.
- ToDo List
Mark areas on the radar and add comments to them.
- UOArchitect/Multi.txt import
- Possibility to combine tiles
This will allow for building presets for trees and similiar "objects".
I will extend this list if something new comes to my mind and I will remove items once they are implemented (see Changelog).
Support is provided through the community on the Forums.
Copyright and Disclaimer¶
UO CentrED © 2009 Andreas Schneider.
Ultima™ Online © 1997 Electronic Arts Inc. Ultima, the UO logo, Are You With Us?, ORIGIN, the ORIGIN logo and We create worlds are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. ORIGIN™ is an Electronic Arts™ brand.